Business Litigation Attorneys in Greensboro, North Carolina
North Carolina law firm litigates on behalf of your business
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. At Smith, James, Rowlett & Cohen, L.L.P., we have been assisting small businesses for many years through dispute resolution and civil court trials in state and federal courts. We have the knowledge and experience to help your business in cases related to:
Recovery from breach of contract
When a party to a contract fails to perform, another business is damaged. This damage often goes beyond the immediate inconvenience of getting less than promised by the contract. The breach can also cost you future profits if you are unable to serve your clients as a result. Business litigation lawyers can help you achieve the best legal remedy for a breach of contract, such as:
- Compensatory damages – reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages – compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs – amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages – amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance – court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Rescission – cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation – change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
Contact a dependable Greensboro law firm to get your business moving again.
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, you need to take action. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could make the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Contact Smith, James, Rowlett & Cohen, L.L.P. online or call us at 336-274-2992, ext. 111, to speak to Seth Cohen.